OnePlus 2 is the previous flagship of the OnePlus company. During its days, it boasted the best in class specs which could put phones that cost double to shame. Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 chipset and 4GB ram there’s almost nothing that this device cannot handle. For the photography enthusiasts, the device comes packed with one of the best 13MP cameras ever!
To keep this device powered up, the company has included a 3300mAh battery. Coming to the down sides of the device, there’s almost nothing on the hardware front, however, here are many who are less than satisfied with the software of the device! Fortunately, being a OnePlus device the developer community is always up for the rescue, porting the latest custom roms and kernels to the device and keeping hopes alive. One such famous custom rom for OnePlus 2 is Lineage OS, which is very much similar to CyanogenMod. Lineage OS is a open-source custom rom which is based on the legacy set by CyanogenMod and follows the same principles as it.
- Make sure that the device has an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery installed.
- Make sure you take a Nandroid backup before starting the process.
- Backup all the important data before flashing a custom rom.
- Verify that the battery is over 60% and if possible keep the device plugged in during the entire process.
- And most importantly make sure that you’ve the correct rom for the device, verify this by going to the settings app and opening the about phone page.
- A OnePlus with custom recovery installed.
- The Lineage OS package from here.
- The gapps package from here
Lineage OS doesn’t come with Google services and apps pre-installed, so they can be installed by flashing the gapps package.
- First download the zip files of both, the Lineage OS and gapps to the device and put it in a convenient folder.
- Reboot the device to recovery by first turning it off and them holding the power button and the volume down button continously till the device shows the OnePlus logo.
- Open the install page and the device should show you a file manager.
- Navigate to the folder containing the two files and select the Lineage OS file first and swipe the slider on the buttom to the right.
- After successful installation, go back and select the gapps package and install.
- Swipe the slider right to start the installation of Google Apps and Google services.
- Once done, go back to the main page and open the wipe section.
- Select wipe cache, wipe art cache and factory reset.
- Now go back to the main page and select reboot and choose the system option.
- The first boot after this installation might take sometime just be patient and let the device boot.
- You’ll be presented with the setup screen after the boot finishes.
Although rooting the device and flashing custom roms doesn’t void the warranty in case of OnePlus, however it’s recommended to have a good understanding of the device and the system before going ahead with the process. If you come across any errors or have any doubts do reach out to us using the comment box below.